PLUMBING DESIGN & DRAFTING
PLUMBING SERVICES in building design industry is having a key position to influence the water efficiency, sustainable site, aesthetics, fire protection, pollution and cost effectiveness of a facility. Plumbing engineering responsibilities overlap into the professional engineering areas of civilengineering, chemical engineering, firefighting and process engineering. To obtain optimal design of plumbing one should have good graphical and analytical skills and up-to-date technical knowledge in the subject.
Better sanitation is the health of a nation.
We follow : IPC
UPC I™ from IAPMO
NBC from BIS
- Knowing the codes- International plumbing code, uniform plumbing code, national standard plumbing code, national building code of India part-9
- Plumbing fundamentals- Water supply systems, direct and indirect supply system, DWV, single stack and double stack system, municipal sewerage systems, STP, sanitation
- Plumbing fixtures and piping materials- Lavatory, basin, shower, basin, tap, WC, urinal, bidet, sink… PVC, UPVC, PE, PB, Steel, Copper, GI, CI, Concrete…
- Valves, fittings, and faucets- Gate valve, globe valve, butterfly valve, ball valve, plugs, flexible connections, strainer, taps, elbow, tees, 180°elbow, saddle tee, wye joint, offset.
- Hydraulic calculations- Reynolds number, Darcy’s formula, Chezy’s formula, Hazen William equation,Box formula, Plumbers chart.
- Tanks and pumping systems- Sump tank, overhead tank, flush tank, pump laws, pumping main riser, booster pumps, pumps in series and parallel.
- Pump head calculations- Static and dynamic head, equivalent pipe length for valves and fittings, pressure required at terminals, reading pump curves
- Pressurized water supply system- Auto pneumatic system design
- Hot and cold water distribution- Water demand estimation by various standards, hot water estimate, hot water piping and insulation, heater capacity calculation. Pipe sizing by fixture unit method
- Building drainage systems- Drain , waste and vent pipes, single stack and double stack system, traps,inspection chamber.
- Sanitary waste disposal- Sewer pipe sizing, municipality drainage level, manholes, septic tanks, percolation trenches and pits.
- High rise building plumbing design- Ring main or terrace loop sizing, gravity down comers, PRV, flushing loop, mezzanine floor, booster pumps.
- Storm water management- Rain water drainage, roof drain, gutter pipe sizing, wind effects on roof drain.
- Landscaping and irrigation- Gardening and Fountain systems
- Swimming pool design-Hot water and cold water pools
- Basics of Draughting
- Introduction to AutoCAD, Commands of AutoCAD and familiarization
- Reading architectural, Structural & RC plans (Plan, , Elevation, section)
- Fixture placements
- Site Plan
- Single line drawing, Double line drawing
- Shop Drawing, Isometric Drawing
- Riser diagrams
- Municipality sewer level
- Working with natural slopes